Education: Dispute Resolution for Sales, Construction, & Warranty Teams
LASER is a program designed to develop conflict resolution skills for the sales, construction and warranty team members working for any builder. The program discusses a process that can be utilized in each communication with buyers. This communication process has proven to reduce the frequency of angry customers, provides a path to calm customers that have become angry, and a process for self-escalation vs. buyer escalation when appropriate resolves cannot be found.
Participants will take an assessment which helps them determine their natural way of dealing with conflict. Self-awareness helps us understand how we will normally deal with a situation when pushed. The benefits and disadvantages of these types of normal responses will be evaluated so participants understand how to better work with these responses and the customer’s.
The LASER program teaches a five step process that encompasses the following:
- Listen – steps on how to actively listen to any customer
- Assess – a process on how to assess what the customer’s complaints really are about and ways in which to think about responding to them
- Solutions – discusses the real complaint and how to develop solutions that meet the customer’s needs without going beyond the company’s policies
- Empathy – provides ways to look at the customer’s issues and some of the things that might be driving the behaviors which allows us to stop making the complaint a personal issue
- Respond – systematic steps for how to precisely respond to the concerns, discuss an action plan with the customer, and to self-escalate if appropriate